Tuesday 15 October 2013

Production Log 10

I have now finally completed my story board and have a clear idea of what I want to include in my music video. However after speaking to my class about my idea, it has become apparent that some people think that a constant split screen may be slightly hard for audiences to look at and understand. This is also due to the fact that both sides of the split screen will have very detailed story's happening and may also be very difficult to film due to timing. Each scene would have to be symmetrical for it to look aesthetically pleasing to the audience, and I feel this may be beyond my capability. I do still wish to experiment with split screen, and do wish to use it in my music video, but instead of having it throughout the whole video, I may use it at certain parts to show two different characters.  I am also starting to consider that I should only use one character, due to the fact that my song is very bold in terms of lyrics and I want my audience to be able to concentrate on both the music video and the lyrics of the song as this will create a strong emotion and visual appearance. My current thought is that I will film a music video based on one character, following the story that she seems to live a happy party lifestyle until a sad event happens (such as a breakup with her boyfriend) to which she then drinks an excessive amount of alchol which causes her to pass away/ become seriously ill.  This would still have a moral basis, yet I think this would allow the audience to experience an emotional attatchment to the video.

I have created a mood board which helped me to visualise a range of ideas for my music video including styles for advertising and my digipak, outfits for the music video, and props. I also sent my letter of permission to the bands record company asking if I would be allowed to use the song for my muisc video. If the letter is declined, I will keep the same idea for my music video but find another suitable song.

I have booked camera equipment for this week thursday and friday and for over the weekend. I hope to take photographs of my chosen locations for filming and maybe also include some images of the props that I wish to use in the music video. I would like to start filming either this week or next week as I will be unable to film during half term. I may be delayed with filming, however I would rather have a set idea on the storyline before filming. Therefore I am having a slight time delay due to changing my idea slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment