Tuesday 8 October 2013

Letter of permission for use of music


I have written a letter to Daughter's record label asking permission for me to use their song 'Medicine'. I have sent this letter to 4AD (the record label) as it is usually the record company that owns the rights to the song and therefore would be the ones to allow me permission to use it for my video. Hopefully I will hear back from the company, however it is unlikely that I will not due to how likely the company is most likely to be. I will proceed to use the song for my video if I do not hear back from the record label, as I have assured them that I will not be copywritting the song or music and that it is being used simply for educational purposes. However I still thought it would be right to ask for permission first, as if they were highly against me using the song, I would have to find another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment