Tuesday 15 October 2013

Magazine Advert Draft





This is the first draft of my magazine advert for my CD. I have used an image from google as an exmaple of the kind of image that I want to be included on my magazine advert. I would like to use a similar image such as a smashing bottle as I think it resembles my music video theme of alcohol and how some people may see this as a form of 'medicine' to help with pain and troubles. I decided to have a black and white colour scheme for my advert as I think this makes the advert more visually appealing. The fact that the image of a smashing bottle is quite unusual and captures the eye, I think the use of colour would not be highly neccesary. The white font on the black background also makes the font easy to read. I have decided to use minimal font on my advert so that the reader can quickly gain the vital information they need. In this case the band name, the album name, and the fact that the album is now available to buy, which can be identified at the bottom of the advert in large letters.  I included a quick rating from two music magazines as this would entice people to buy the CD because other people would recommend it. Music magazines are reliable sources to give quotes as they have a lot of experience with working in music and therefore people would believe the qoutes to be justified.  At the bottom of the advert I included a website to the bands page and a link to the album page. This is not a real website, however I used it in my magazine advert to make sure it looked realistic as many magazine adverts have the band/artists website on the adverts so that audiences can find out more information. I have also included the advert draft in a landscape format.

No comments:

Post a Comment