Monday 23 September 2013

Production Log 7

I have finished writing my script. This has helped me to plan my video and know what is going to happen during each scene. I have made some changes and I am also continuously thinking of new ways to improve the script by adding new ideas. My story board is also coming along. To help me story board I'm using my script to draw out each shot and scene just to give me an idea of a visual plan for my video.

During both my script writing and story boarding, I am starting to consider whether I should keep with my original idea of having a split screen and two characters, or whether I should follow just the life of one of them. This is because I think that the song is so powerful and my idea is quite sensitive, having two sensitive stories with this song may be a bit emotionally upsetting to people. I want my music video to have an impact on people, but I don't want to confuse them with too much going on. I would rather they could have a clear story and see what is happening as this would make the song more clear. Because of this, I have decided to film my original idea, along with some extra scenes from each character, and then look at the footage to see what I think I should use. If I think the footage can be editied in a way that makes the split screen footage clear to the audience then I will stick with my original idea but perhaps change the endings. If not, I will choose one of my characters and use their daily lifestyle for my music video.

I have now looked at what digipaks are, and my next step is to analyse some of them to gain some ideas for my own and see what they need to include. I also plan to get my story board finished within the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment