Monday 24 June 2013

Production Log 2

I have now chosen my brief and have decided to make a music video. I have done my first part of research by looking at the history of music videos. It's important to know the history of these as it allows me to see what purpose they had in different eras and why they are used today. This would help me think about ideas for my own video as it would have to suit a certain target market in order for it to be both interesting and have purpose. I have also now started to look at exisiting music videos to see what has been created already. The point of this is to gather a range of possible ideas that I could use for my own music video. I can also research a range of songs to see what style of music/song I think would work best. I have started to consider using either a slow meaningful song or a more pop rock style of song/ Depending on which song I choose or music idea I choose this will effect my overall choice for what style of video I decide to make. Currently I have the idea of using a pop/rock song by Paramore or Jessie J and using a performance and narrative based video. However I also have an idea of using a more slower softer song and using a stop motion video combined with a narrative and maybe a small clip of a performance, (such as an acoustic guitar). I think that because I have so many ideas, I should go back to looking at my resource sheet and consider what would be best to use off the sheet. Thinking about time,place and characters will help me to make a final decision on what video and song would be best.

No comments:

Post a Comment