Monday 3 February 2014

Production Log 18

I have now completed my digipak and magazine adverts after looking at my audience feedback. I decided to experiment with different fonts as my audience did not feel that century gothic suited the style of the digipak and adverts. After trying out a few different fonts, I decided that Times New Roman looked the best and was the font that was recommended most by my audience. I thought that this font was still nice and simple, yet had a bit more style to it compared to century gothic font. I decided to add some logo's of digital download sites to the magazine adverts including iTunes, Spotify and Amazon MP3 as I thought this made the advert look more realistic as this is a common convention of music magazines to promote where the album can be bought from. I also took the advice I was suggested by audience, to make a version where the advert and digipak is in black and green. I think that using two different versions also influences the theme of my narrative of positive and negative decisions, positive being influenced by the colour version whilst negative is shown by the black and green version. This also creates diversity within letting an audience have a preference rather than one style. Another piece of advice I took on board was moving the artists paragraph on the digipak down to the bottom left hand corner rather than the top so not to cover the branch. I think that this makes this page of the digipak more appealing as you can see more of the tree branch and the writing can be seen a lot more clearly. On the front of the digipak, I removed 'Medicine' from underneath the bands name as suggested as medicine is seen on the label within the bottle. My audience suggested it should only either be on the bottle or under the bands name rather than twice. I think that the new simplistic style of just having the bands name at the top makes the image more bold and due to it highly linking with the video, I think it is important for the image to be the most visually eye capturing thing on the digipak. Making the bands name slightly smaller has also influenced this. One last touch I made was reducing the amount of black at the bottom of the last page of the digipak. This was also recommended by my audience. Once again more attention is drawn to the images whilst the track list is still clearly visible which is what I would want, so I am happy with this outcome. The only thing I did not change that was recommended was the images I used on the digipak. I feel that my images clearly represented my music video and did not feel that they needed changing due to how visually capturing they were. Overall my audience seemed happy with my changed and I valued their feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment