Monday 15 July 2013

Production log 5 / Finalising my music video idea

 

 This is my finialised idea for my music video. I have now chosen my song and have selected a basic idea with a beginning middle and end to it. I have considered what genre, representation, media language will be used, as well as which audience I plan to be aiming my music video at. My narrative is based upon the lives of two different people who first appear to be quite similar but then the audience is then able to see that they are living with different problems in their lives. The story is that one has a problem with alcohol (although does not really see the issue and continues to enjoy the party lifestyle of a typical teenager) whilst the other character (also a teenager) is going through cancer. The video will be split screened so we can see their lives in symetry. I want things to be mirrored in their lives but with different aspects. For example in one scene I want the alcholic character to take a swig of drink whilst the cancer character takes some pills with a glass of water.  Scenes like this will continue throughout their day. In the end I want to end the video with the alcholic having a bad event happen in her life such as a split from her boyfriend and then passes away from over drinking or drug use. However the cancer patient receives good news as her cancer is terminated and she wakes up ready to start a new day.  The narrative is quite sad but I think that it could describe many different morals and has many mini narratives within one.  I either plan to make the one who drinks an alcoholic or just a typical party animal to fit in with the typical stereotype for teenagers. This is so that it could appear her life is all great and fun whilst the cancer patient has to suffer through a bad time and is not so stereotypical as many people don't expect to see teenagers with cancer. Therefore in the end the tables can be seen to turn, and the girl who seems to be having the better life ends up going downhill whilst luck comes to the girl who respects her life more.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment