Thursday 4 July 2013

Production Log 4

This week I have been looking more indepth into the music industry itself. I have done this by investigating different music labels. This was helpful as it allowed me to learn more about current artists as well as some I had never heard of before. Not only this but it helped me to see how artists are shown in the media via the labels websites.

I have also started to narrow down my ideas for my music video as well as potential songs I could use. A friend of mine is in a band who writes their own music and I think it would be interesting to use one of their own songs. They have already said that I have permission to use one of their songs and use them in my music video. However I will clarify this in writing if I do decide to use the band and their music. At the moment I am thinking of either using the band to do a performance and narrative based music video, or using a really slow song by Daughter and doing a simple narrative/split screen. The narrative being one character is shown in one screen to be young and partying like  a typical teenager, whilst the other screen shows a girl of a similar age but she finds out she has a very bad illness (cancer). We see how they both live their lives, the girl on the left having fun whilst the girl on the right is clearly upset struggling through her situation. In the end, their is a role reversal where the girl on the left ends up getting some bad news or ends up in a bad situation whilst the girl on the right is cured of her illness and continues to live a happy life.

I am finding it harder to decide/create a narrative for my performance/narrative based video. I want to choose a narrative that is not used all the time. Such as a break up between girl and boy, however these do tend to work very well with audiences as they can relate to this situation and songs can fit to this situation. I will continue to note down any narrative stories when they come to mind and try and decide what would be most do-able and look the most professional in the end once completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment